The NCSC GSEG announces the release of a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a qualified vendor to develop and implement a comprehensive software system (the “System”). As described in the System’s architecture and technical requirement document, a comprehensive solution must include the following components:
1. Assessment Creation and Management: The System will support the creation and management of assessment content including items, tests and supporting assets.
2. Administration and Registration: The System will implement the functions needed to set up testing windows and register students to take tests.
3. Delivery: The System will deliver/ present a test to the student.
4. Scoring: The System will provide automated scoring for selected response items and facilitate centralized and distributed scoring for human scored constructed response items, which will require uploading student work.
5. Results/ Reporting: The System will store completed assessment results and facilitate static and dynamic reporting of results.
6. Ancillary Content: The System will store and allow users to access instructional content provided by the project.
The architecture and technical requirement document that outlines the System architecture and proposed features and functions is available at: http://www.ncscpartners.org/news/ncsc-produces-architecture-and-technology-system-requirements-for-the-assessment-platform. NCSC now seeks to identify a Vendor to develop, implement, make operational and maintainable the System described in this document.
Organizations interested in bidding should indicate their intent by April 10, 2013. Proposals are due May 2, 2013 at 3:00 EDT.
The full RFP can be accessed under the Procurement tab at: http://www.ncscpartners.org/procurement.